Admission Reception Coordinator / Experience Coordinator
Reed College Admission Office is seeking a candidate to provide vision and leadership for campus visits. The Reed Experience Coordinator oversees the welcome desk in the admission office and is responsible for daily visit activities for more than 1,000 annual visitors who hail from across the world. As the first contact for those visiting Reed, this experience coordinator is responsible for creating a warm and inviting reception for families.
In addition to being the main point of contact for visitors, the Reed Experience Coordinator manages and mentors student staff; coordinates day-of changes in visit schedules; and – working in collaboration with the Visit Team, determines our best practices, and helps to create memorable and impactful visits that will illustrate to families the Reed student experience.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position working 37.5 hours/week. The pay is $19.00/hour. The ideal workweek is Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm. Reed College offers an excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution, retiree medical plan, college tuition assistance for employees’ children, paid holidays, paid vacation and many other campus amenities, such as membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse and access to onsite daycare provided by Growing Seeds.
- Create and manage an exceptional Reed Visit Experience, establishing a positive and welcoming tone for our visitors
- Oversees and mentors, in partnership with others, admission student workers
- Acts as the administrative assistant for the admission front office, managing the admission lobby
- Provide accurate, clear, and timely responses to admission phone calls and emails, triaging inquiries to the appropriate recipients
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of admission and other sensitive information
- Support occasional weekday, weekend and evening event programming
- Enters and updates database for prospective students who are planning a visit
- Keep the admission leadership team updated on changes and trends based on visits and calls
- Maintain awareness of campus trends, event and other activities that may appeal to prospective students
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must possess a warm and positive disposition, with the ability to provide exemplary customer service to students and parents
- Ability to clearly, calmly, and respectfully communicate with students, families, and other college constituents through a variety of media
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve in an unpredictable and busy environment
- Sincere commitment and enthusiasm for student learning and creating an outstanding visitor experience
- Ability to establish trust and respect with current students, including delegating and directing their work
- Forward thinking, organized, and strong attention to detail
- Cultivates an environment of inclusion and respect for diverse people groups
- Genuine desire to be of service to others in the workplace
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The successful candidate may have an Associate’s degree and three to five years’ work experience in an environment or position that has equipped the candidate with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this role. This role may appeal to persons with a retail or customer service background with supervisory experience. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Bilingual is a plus.
Click below to apply for this position. You will need to submit a resume and upload a cover letter discussing your qualifications and interests. In your letter, please answer the following questions:
- How would this position at Reed College fit with your long term professional goals?
- Of which accomplishment in your recent professional experience are you most proud?
- As all members of Reed’s community are expected to contribute to a diverse and inclusive campus, describe how you might use your background, education, or experience to contribute to diversity at Reed.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted. This position will remain open until filled.
Share this job
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.