Disability Support Services Administrative Assistant (Temp)
Reed College's Student Services is looking for an Administrative Assistant for disability support services. Disability support services works with students with disabilities who seek academic, housing, or other accommodations for disability-related needs. The DSS Administrative Assistant offers administrative support to the Director and Assistant Director of DSS as well as file management, scheduling, assisting students, and data entry.
This is a temporary, non-exempt position, with a schedule of 20 - 24 hours per week and will end mid- to late-June. The rate of pay is $17.50/hour.
- Labeling, merging, and organizing
- Purging digital and hard copies of graduate files
- Data entry
- Report generation and data compiling
- Assist with the Note taking accommodation program and Alternate text program coordination and production work
- Coordinate testing accommodations
- Assist with scheduling scribes, readers, and lab assistants
- Handle periodic website maintenance and updates
- Handle incoming student support and communications
- Scheduling appointments, orientation planning
- Respond to inquiry emails
- Mail handling
- Handle phone calls and relay messages
- Process payroll for lab assistants, student workers, and note takers
- Process Housing accommodations
- Create forms, hand-outs, and fact sheets while updating brochures and forms
- Assist with building/facility requests
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Flexible and adaptable
- Comfortable with basic computer software/programs (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, creating forms and spreadsheets)
- Project-oriented and organized with efficient time management skills
- Able to work independently while taking direction as it comes
- Experience with handling confidential information or a strong understanding of confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
One year of experience in a professional administrative or office manager capacity. An interest in higher education administration or the field of disability support services.
To apply for this position you will need to create a profile and upload a cover letter discussing your qualifications and interests, and your resume. In your letter, answer the following questions:
- How would this position at Reed College fit with your long term professional goals?
- Of which accomplishment in your recent professional experience are you most proud?
- As all members of Reed’s community are expected to contribute to a diverse and inclusive campus, describe how you might use your background, education, or experience to contribute to diversity at Reed.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted. This position will remain open until filled.
Share this job
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.