Health and Counseling
Share this job
This is a 12-month, full time, non-exempt position with a pay of $21.50/hour. Reed College offers an excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution, retiree medical plan, college tuition assistance for employees’ children, paid holidays, paid vacation and many other campus amenities, such as membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse and access to onsite daycare provided by Growing Seeds.
- Coordinates office support operations of the department and assists in the development of administrative procedures.
- Maintains confidential personnel records.
- Assists in administrating the electronic health record, including troubleshooting and problem solving with staff and vendor.
- Screens incoming calls, mail, and visitors. Provides information regarding established departmental or college services within scope of authority.
- Responds to general inquiries, concerns, and complaints regarding services or programs and refers to appropriate staff.
- Assists in budget preparations for the department. Monitors departmental budgets and prepares statistical reports and schedules; notifies supervisor of budget-related problems.
- May provide training and direction to other administrative staff and student employees.
- Orders supplies and equipment and arranges appropriate maintenance services for the repair of office equipment. May monitor building conditions and coordinate requests for repairs and/or maintenance work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact.
- Strong customer service orientation and effective communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, families, college staff, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience and willingness to engage in and support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Ability to understand and apply basic legal concepts relating to FERPA, HIPAA and other regulations relevant to operations of a student health center.
- Knowledge of or aptitude for learning effective use of an electronic medical record system. Ability to establish and maintain filing and recordkeeping systems.
High School diploma or G.E.D., and three years of office administration experience; or any combination of experience and education which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job. One year of college or vocational training preferred. Prior administrative or clerical experience in college or community healthcare setting preferred.
Click below to apply. A resume and cover letter are required for submission. In your cover letter please address the following:
- how this position contributes to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- which accomplishment in your professional experience are you most proud?
- how you would contribute to a diverse and inclusive community at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted, however priority will be given to those who apply before April 18, 2017, 5:00pm (PST). This position will remain open until filled.
Estimated start date for this position is July 1, 2017.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.