Health and Counseling
Reed College Student Health and Counseling Center (HCC) is accepting applications for an On-call Certified Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant provides a full range of medical assistant duties and support as part of the HCC team. This position primarily includes back office clinical duties however the position may occasionally include front office administrative duties. This position requires the ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team providing health and wellness care to a college age population.
The HCC has a strong commitment to hiring a diverse workforce, inclusivity in the workplace, and to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from all forms of discrimination. The HCC believes that a diverse workforce will better enable us to serve and meet the needs of our diverse student population. This position will prepare you with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue other careers in the medical field such as nursing. The HCC is committed to life-long learning and professional development.
This is a non-benefited, on-call position with a pay range of $16.00 - $21.00/hour, depending on experience.
- Rooms patients, takes medical histories, collects patient vital signs, point of care testing;
- Electronic health record documentation;
- Maintains clinic flow, stocks exam rooms, orders supplies;
- Assists with procedures/treatments and patient education
- Assists with prescription refills as directed by a provider;
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens, preparing and administering medications as directed by a provider.
- While performing these duties the Medical Assistant will be sensitive to issues of gender, culture, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, socio-economic status, and other multicultural identities and skilled with techniques for working with students with diverse backgrounds.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification at hire
- Completion of a nationally recognized accredited medical assistant training program including externship of at least 160 hours
- Medical Assistant (MA) certification received from a nationally recognized and accredited certifying body. These include the AAMA, AMT and NCMA.
- Demonstrated competency in understanding how race, ethnic identity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, privilege, and multiculturalism impacts the delivery of medical care in a college setting
- Demonstrated computer proficiency at an intermediate level
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse community
- Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining professional relationships
- Ability to prioritize work demands
- Ability to interpret and follow policies, procedures, and protocols
- Demonstrated applied math skills, including calculations and conversions
- Associates degree
- One year experience working in the clinical setting of a student health center
- Demonstrated proficiency working with an electronic health record
Applicants should email the following documents to email@example.com: A cover letter, resume, and a completed Reed Employment Application.
Reed is committed to excellence and actively seeks diversity in it's educational program and employment practices by welcoming applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. By working with, and representing the interests of a diverse student body, the successful applicant is willing to contribute to the strong sense of community that unites students, faculty, and staff across differences of racial and ethnic background, gender, class, religion, sexual orientation, and educational background.
In your cover letter, please answer the following:
- How would this position at Reed College fit with your long-term professional goals?
- Of which accomplishment in your recent professional experience are you most proud?
- As all members of Reed’s community are expected to contribute to a diverse and inclusive campus, describe how you might use your background, education, or experience to contribute to diversity at Reed.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. This position will remain open until filled.
Share this job
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.