Share this job
Reed College seeks a highly adaptable, well-organized and detail-oriented individual to join the Community Safety team as an Administrative Coordinator. The Administrative Coordinator provides direct support to the Community Safety Director and the Community Safety Investigator in furtherance of departmental priorities and investigations.
This is full-time, benefited position scheduled to work 40 hours per,week with a starting pay rate of $19.32/hour. Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, and many campus amenities, such as library borrowing privileges, membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse and discounted TriMet bus passes.
Reed is committed to excellence and actively seeks diversity in its educational programs and employment practices. We welcome and encourage applicants from historically underrepresented minority groups to apply.
WHO YOU ARE / WHAT YOU BRING
- You can juggle multiple detailed projects and prioritize them appropriately, all while eagerly helping individuals with whom you come into contact.
- You are resourceful: if you don’t know an answer to someone’s request, you make certain to follow up to get them the help they seek.
- You can prioritize and manage multiple competing demands, including managing of multiple high-priority deadlines.
- You have an impeccable track record of integrity and the highest professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- You are comfortable being a first point of contact for individuals in crisis. You excel at providing sympathetic support while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
- You are adaptable and able to learn new technologies quickly and easily. You are willing and able to evolve best practices to better suit department needs.
- You bring an important aspect of diversity to our team.
- Consistency, accurate details and meticulous fact-checking are vital to you.
- You enjoy working in teams but are also a self-motivated, proactive individual.
- You give feedback in a way that is thoughtful and helpful. You are good at receiving feedback as you understand it is key to professional growth.
- Provides administrative and technical support in a highly confidential environment.
- Works directly with the Community Safety Director and Community Safety Investigator to support the Title IX investigations process and other investigations as needed.
- Corresponds with students, staff and faculty with regard to highly sensitive and confidential investigatory information; conducts all necessary follow up and documents correspondences as needed. Manages the schedule of the Community Safety Director and others’ schedules as needed.
- Coordinates meetings with students, staff, faculty and other community and/or non-community members and those who are designated with investigatory tasks
- Prepares, delivers and retains documentary and other materials; prepares and documents investigatory records. Maintains task management for ongoing tasks and investigations.
- Takes initiative in triaging complex new reports.
- Performs data entry and data analysis across multiple platforms, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, various task managing software and other internal and external platforms.
- Three years of administrative experience or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong computer skills including expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google suite of products; facility with the Internet and its associated tools; ability to learn Reed-specific systems.
- Exemplary communication skills.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Reed College’s goal is to reply to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.