Administrative Coordinator, Development
Share this job
Reed College seeks a creative, energetic and well organized person to be our Administrative Coordinator in the Development office. The Development office is a fast-paced business casual environment that connects with Reed alumni and alumnae, donors, and multiple departments on campus on a regular basis. The Administrative Coordinator provides excellent customer service to everyone who works with our department while doing their best to keep operations in the Development office running smoothly.
This is a full-time non-exempt position, reporting to the Director of College Relations Operations and Information Systems, with a starting pay rate of $20/hour. The work week at Reed College is 37.5 hours, and the hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer and many other campus amenities, such as library borrowing privileges, membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse and discounted TriMet bus passes.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have been commended at work for being friendly and welcoming, exhibiting excellent customer service.
- You can juggle multiple detailed projects and prioritize them appropriately, all while cheerfully helping people who visit your office.
- You have strong oral and written interpersonal communication skills and are an active listener.
- You care about the details. You’re the person who catches typos when you’re reading something.
- You enjoy working in teams but are also a self-motivated, proactive individual.
- You have some experience working with and supporting multiple departments, supervisors, and/or department heads at the same time.
- You are able to stay focused in a busy open office environment. You don’t need quiet alone time to do detailed work.
- You are thoughtful in the way you give feedback and are open and receptive to receiving it in kind.
- You meet your deadlines, often with time to spare.
- You know your way around a spreadsheet and have a knack for handling budgets.
- You are comfortable with technology and are always excited to learn new things.
- You have impeccable integrity and judgement in handling confidential information.
- You bring an important aspect of diversity to our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide administrative and technical support to multiple department teams and individuals, including the Executive Director of Development and Campaign Manager, Director of Principal Gifts, Donor Relations team, and Corporation and Foundations team.
- Co-supervise one or more student workers, including coordinating front desk coverage for scheduled vacancies.
- Perform data entry, including budget management and donor information updates.
- Prepare materials, including mailings, proposals, presentations and stewardship reports.
- Keep the Development office running smoothly by greeting and directing walk-in visitors, answering the main phone line, scheduling departmental meetings, and reconciling purchase cards.
- Provide backup support and cross-training for other administrative coordinators on the development team.
Three years of administrative experience or any equivalent combination of experience and education. Experience proofreading and copy-editing materials. Strong computer skills including an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Office and the Google suite of products. Comfort with using the Internet, plugins, add-ons, and related tools.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONSClick below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to the achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early.
Reed College’s goal is to reply to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.