Administrative Coordinator, Student Engagement
Share this job
Reed College seeks an enthusiastic and organized person to be our next Administrative Coordinator in the Office for Student Engagement. The person in this role is our front line staff member responsible for greeting visitors and keeping our operation running. The Office for Student Engagement is an energetic and bustling environment that shares office space and frequently collaborates with the Multicultural Resource Center. You’ll work with and around creative and bright students who believe in social justice and want to contribute to and shape the world around them off and on campus as well as friendly and dedicated staff. In addition, this position spends approximately 7.5 hours per week supporting the administrative functions of Disability Support Services.
This is full-time position. The work hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, with a one hour unpaid lunch. Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), retiree medical plan, college tuition assistance for employees’ children, 22 days of paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer and many other campus amenities, such as membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse.
Pay for this position is $19.32 per hour.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are able to support students and colleagues from all backgrounds, and are comfortable engaging in discussions about race, gender, gender identity, ability, and other identities
- You bring an important aspect of diversity to our team
- People in your office come to you if they don’t know where to go or who to talk to
- You have been commended at work for being welcoming, exhibiting excellent customer service
- You can juggle multiple detailed projects and prioritize them appropriately, all while cheerfully helping people who visit your office
- You enjoy working in teams but are also a self-motivated, proactive individual who is good at problem solving
- Your flexibility allows you to take things as they come, pivot when necessary, and not get flustered when priorities or expectations shift in your environment
- You are a positive person, have a great sense of humor, and enjoy positive relationships with your co-workers
- You’re the person who catches the typos when you’re reading something
- You are comfortable with technology and excited to learn new things
- You have at least three years of progressively responsible administrative experience and know you love admin work
For the Office for Student Engagement:
Receives visitors (students, staff, and the general public), ascertains the nature of their business; provides detailed assistance within their scope of authority and refers others to appropriate individuals or departments
Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries and explains policies, procedures and processes
Supervises 3-6 student support staff
Provides administrative support functions for the Director and Assistant Director and student staff, including meeting and appointment scheduling
Assists with programs including Orientation, Reed Leadership Academy, Leadership and Involvement series, and Gray Fund
Acts as gatekeeper for our student event registration process and campus calendar
Budgetary responsibilities including processing disbursements, tracking expenditures, reconciling credit cards, and managing student payroll
Maintains and updates social media, web and printed materials
For Disability Support Services:
Process intake forms, appointments, and application process through DSS AIM database
Manage confidential files and documentation for DSS -registered students
Handle daily office communications: answer voicemail and email for office, return calls, pull files for daily meetings
Assist with implementing accommodations
Other administrative responsibilities similar to those required for the OSE position, including student payroll; processing and reconciling departmental purchasing cards; meeting scheduling; general office management duties
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best.
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early.
Reed College’s goal is to reply to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.