Admission Communications Manager/Associate Dean of Admission
Share this job
Reed College seeks a warm, organized and driven person to be our next Admission Communications Manager / Associate Dean of Admission, Communication, and Special Projects. The Admission Communications Manager participates in the collaborative development of admission marketing materials and has primary responsibility for their distribution. The Admission Communications Manager manages a multichannel marketing plan with the primary goal of enhancing the size and quality of the college’s applicant pool, in a manner that enhances the reputation of the college. This role reports to the Vice President and Dean of Admission and Financial Aid.
This is a full-time, salaried role. Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer and many other campus amenities, such as membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse. Salary for this position is $65,000 per year.
Who You Are
- You are an exceptional project manager. You always have a plan and you always meet your deadlines.
- In addition to always having a plan, you always have empathy for your co-collaborators. People like working with you because you’re organized and detail-oriented but not inflexible.
- You are appreciative and optimistic.
- You have strong writing skills.
- You have experience executing a marketing strategy.
- You have experience managing a multichannel marketing calendar.
- You contribute an important aspect of diversity to your work team.
- You love technology. You like learning new systems.
- At work, you have used data to make decisions and measure success.
- You have at least two years’ experience working within a CRM.
- You prefer a team environment at work, rather than working alone. You don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and pitch in, even when it’s not your job.
What You’ll Do
- In partnership with the Vice President and Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, develop the college’s admission marketing and communication strategy
- Serve as the primary liaison to the college’s Public Affairs department, where creative and compelling marketing materials are developed
- Manage the admission department’s marketing and communication calendar, including development and distribution of print materials, direct mail, email, website, social media, partnerships, events, and conferences
- Ensure that Reed’s admission content is fresh, timely, and on message
- Understand the needs of, and communicate with, a wide spectrum of stakeholders, namely prospective students and their families, current students, staff, and faculty
- Analyze the effectiveness of the marketing strategy using data, and make recommendations for improvement
- Lead projects in the department that are directly related to marketing, but also take the lead on other types of projects, as one of the department’s experts in project management
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three year’s experience in a full-time marketing or communications role.
- Experience working in admission or higher education is a plus.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.