Share this job
Reed College seeks a capable and collaborative fundraiser to join a seasoned, professional team. The Gift Officer is a member of the Annual Fund Leadership Team and reports to the Executive Director of Alumni Programs and Annual Fund. This is a fun job; Reed’s donors are fascinating people who care deeply about the college.
A successful candidate likes meeting new people; is both a patient listener and a skilled conversationalist; is able to travel monthly; is independent on the road and a strong team player when back in the office. Reed Gift Officers need to be inspired by aspirational goals and they need to be creative and persuasive in presenting opportunities to potential donors.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer and many other campus amenities, such as library borrowing privileges, membership to the campus fitness center, and discounted TriMet bus passes.
Reed is committed to excellence and actively seeks diversity in its educational programs and employment practices. We welcome and encourage applicants from historically underrepresented minority groups to apply.
WHO YOU ARE / WHAT YOU BRING
- You have a history of in-person solicitations with individual donors.
- You have at least three to five years of successful development or volunteer management experience.
- You are eager to take initiative and are energized by developing new relationships.
- You are confident managing your own portfolio and working independently.
- You enjoy working on a team and understand the value of pitching in when necessary.
- You have been commended at work for being goal oriented while also friendly and warm.
- You successfully set and meet goals and deadlines.
- You learn new technologies quickly and easily.
- You bring an important aspect of diversity to our team.
- Manage a portfolio of donors by creating relationships with alumni, parents and friends.
- Make approximately 300 donor contacts per year.
- Create an annual plan and faithfully - and on a timely basis - execute that plan to qualify significant gifts while individual annual fund gifts are retained and upgraded.
- Solicit gifts of $1,000 to $25,000 by phone, mail or in person.
- Use metrics regularly to assess your progress towards your goals.
- Participate as a member of the Alumni Programs & Annual Fund leadership team to meet overall fundraising goals.
- Collaborate closely with Major Gift Officers and Gift Planning to cultivate and solicit donors.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of experience in development or volunteer management is required.
- Development experience (i.e. direct experience soliciting gifts).
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College’s goal is to reply to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.