Interim Assistant Director, Disability Support Services (Temporary)
Share this job
Reed College seeks an experienced and dependable interim Assistant Director for the Office of Disability Support Services (DSS). The Interim Director of DSS will report to the Director of DSS and work closely with the DSS Accommodations Coordinator as well as college staff and faculty to facilitate student success.
This is a temporary non-benefited position, working 29 hours per week, with a start date of January 14, 2019, and an end date of April 26, 2019.
Pay for this position is $32.00 per hour.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are able to support students and colleagues from all backgrounds and identities
- You enjoy working in teams but are also a self-motivated, proactive individual who is good at problem solving
- People in your office come to you if they don’t know where to go or who to talk to
- You are comfortable with technology and excited to learn new things
- Your flexibility allows you to take things as they come, pivot when necessary, and not get flustered when priorities or expectations shift in your environment
- You bring an important aspect of diversity to our team
- You have at least three years’ experience in disability services and accommodations in a higher education setting
- Experience with the Accessible Information Management (AIM) system is a plus
- Utilize assistive technology, captioning programs, and various apps for student training and use (Livescribe pens; speech to text programs; screen readers; note taking programs and tools)
- Create and format OCR documents and other alternate format text for student use
- Administrative support for AIM software:
- Troubleshooting and fixing tech problems as they arise for staff and students
- Liaison with AIM software company and campus technology representative
- Processing applications
- Using AIM for case notes and accommodation requests
- Generating reports
- Create and manage Excel spreadsheets of pertinent data
- Case management and student support:
- Conduct inquiry and intake meetings with students; consulting with the Director on cases as needed and to determine final eligibilities
- Determine reasonable and appropriate accommodations based upon documentation and student histories
- Make cross-campus referrals
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best.
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.