Mail Services Clerk
Share this job
Reed College is seeking a Mail Services Clerk to join our Mail Services team. The Mail Services Clerk performs a variety of shipping, receiving and mailing procedures involving incoming and outgoing mail and package shipments. This position also provides direction to the student employees who work in the Reed campus mailroom. The Reed campus mailroom is typically open Monday through Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm.
This is a non-exempt, hourly position that reports to the Mail Services Manager with a pay rate of $19.32/hour. Reed College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year), paid holidays, paid vacation and many other campus amenities, such as access to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse and discounted TriMet bus passes.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have been commended at work for being friendly and for having excellent customer service.
- You can juggle multiple detailed tasks while cheerfully helping people who visit your office.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are a good listener.
- You are technologically savvy and able to learn new systems and programs pretty easily.
- You are willing to work hard, doing what is necessary for your department to run smoothly.
- You have a sense for organization and demonstrate proactive behaviors to maintain an orderly and clean work area.
- You enjoy collaborating on teams.
- You can work effectively with colleagues and/or students that may approach things differently or have different experiences than yourself.
- You bring an important aspect of diversity to our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Receive and distribute mail and packages to the Faculty, Staff and students on campus.
- Prepare outgoing mail and package shipments including USPS permit mailings and UPS and FedEx shipments to both domestic and international recipients.
- Process non-profit, First Class and Periodical bulk mailings using inserter, inkjet printer and strapping machine.
- Maintain and update student box assignment lists.
- Supervise and monitor 15-20 student employees, including maintaining student employee records and work schedules.
- Coordinate and maintain the student employee hiring process for the campus mailroom.
- Maintain Faculty/Staff employee addresses and mail forwarding databases.
- At least two years of mail-related experience or any combination of experience which provides you with the ability to excel in this role.
- Ability to lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- How would you use your skills and experience to contribute to inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College’s goal is to reply to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.