Share this job
Reed College seeks a well-organized and detail-oriented individual to join the Admission team as a System Specialist. The System Specialist is responsible for data processing, data auditing and mailing assembly for the Admission Office. The person in this role inputs Reed admission data for prospective students and applicants into the Reed Admission office’s data system, Slate. This position will also assemble welcome packages for the admission decision mailing and other outgoing mail.
This is a full-time non-exempt position working 37.5 hours per week with a one-hour unpaid lunch. The work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday with a starting pay rate of $21.50 per hour. Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, 7 paid holidays and many campus amenities, such as library borrowing privileges, membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse and discounted TriMet bus passes.
Who You Are
- You enjoy working in teams but are also a self-motivated, proactive individual.
- You find you are able to do some of your best work in a fairly quiet environment.
- You are adaptable and able to learn new technologies quickly and easily with zeal.
- You have strong oral and written interpersonal skills and are an active listener.
- You have an impeccable track record of integrity and the highest professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Consistency and accurate details are important to you. You have the kind of eye that finds the easy-to-miss discrepancies in a report.
- You meet your deadlines.
What You’ll Do
- Import and manage electronic documents, processing the essential data the documents provide.
- Enter data into the department's CRM, Slate. This data must be entered 100% accurately and handled with confidentiality.
- Conduct verifications and audits to ensure the accuracy of data and completion of enrollment applications
- Process student deposits.
- Assist in distributing the admission department's incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist in assembling and transporting hundreds of boxes that Reed College mails to prospective students who have been admitted.
- Help assemble, transport and mail the boxes that admission staff use on their visits around the country to high schools and other recruiting events.
A Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of data entry experience or any combination of experience and education which provides the person who would be in this position with the skills and intangibles needed to excel in this role; hands-on familiarity with CRM software is a plus. The ability to do light-duty lifting (up to 15 pounds on your own, up to 30 pounds in tandem with another Admission department colleague) as part of Admission mailing and boxing assembly.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best.
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early.
Reed College’s goal is to reply to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.