Network and Infrastructure Analyst
Technology Infrastructure Services
Share this job
The Network and Infrastructure Analyst collaborates with other members of Technology Infrastructure Services to design, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade core services including but not limited to wired and wireless networking, VoIP system, network access control, server virtualization, as well as installing and repairing physical devices across multiple campus buildings. Excellent diagnostic skills are essential for this job. You must be able to troubleshoot quickly by identifying the source of problems, whether hardware, software or network issues. You’re adept at analyzing network traffic flows and performing diagnostic tests to identify bottlenecks and improve levels of service to users. You’re a curious and devoted problem-solver.
This is a full-time, exempt position working 37.5 hours per week Monday through Friday. The salary is $75,000 per year. Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays and many other campus amenities, such as library borrowing privileges, membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse and discounted TriMet bus passes.
Who You are
- You are a self-motivated, proactive person who enjoys working independently, but you also enjoy working in teams.
- Others (including your co-workers and end-users) would say they have a good working relationship with you.
- You give thoughtful feedback and are equally comfortable receiving it.
- You enjoy solving complex problems
- You bring an important aspect of diversity and a fresh perspective to our team.
- You have strong knowledge of essential network service protocols such as HTTP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, and SMTP.
- You are comfortable working at the command line on multiple operating systems.
- You are able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of end-users and colleagues.
What You’ll do (Essential Duties)
- Maintain, diagnose, and repair layer 1 technologies including but not limited to, rewiring ports, crimping cables, and replacing peripherals
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot network equipment including wireless access points, switches, firewalls, and a variety of network attached devices.
- Deploy, configure, and manage Linux and Windows servers.
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot a mixture of commercial, open source, and home-grown systems and applications.
- Operate security resources including network monitoring, vulnerability scanning, SIEM, and intrusion prevention/detection systems
- Work closely with staff in other CIS departments to consolidate, integrate and troubleshoot new technology implementations.
- Provide upper-tier technical support and guidance to users as well as co-workers.
The successful candidate must have a solid understanding of TCP/IP network fundamentals and troubleshooting, knowledge of essential network service protocols including HTTP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, NTP, SMTP, and experience with Linux and Windows server operation and maintenance. Some experience with network security tools such as intrusion detection and prevention systems, and network scanning and monitoring systems is also required. Preferred qualifications include a basic understanding of information security concepts such as public key cryptography, experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud, and experience with common web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS, REST, SQL, etc).
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to the achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
All members of Reed's community are expected to contribute to a diverse, equitable and inclusive campus. Employees who experience the most success at Reed are comfortable interacting with a diverse group of students, colleagues and community members. How would you use your skills and experience to contribute to inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. You are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Apply for this job
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.