Admission Communications Manager
Share this job
Reed College seeks an organized and driven person to be our next Admission Communications Manager. The Admission Communications Manager participates in the collaborative development of admission marketing materials and has primary responsibility for their distribution. The Admission Communications Manager manages a multichannel marketing plan with the primary goal of enhancing the size and quality of the college’s applicant pool in a manner that enhances the reputation of the college. This role reports to the Vice President and Dean of Admission and Financial Aid.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. Starting salary for this position is $70,000 per year. This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., although it is not unusual to work extra hours when working on deadline.
Who You Are
- You are an exceptional project manager. You always have a plan, and you always meet your deadlines.
- In addition to always having a plan, you always have empathy for your co-collaborators. People like working with you because you’re organized yet flexible.
- You sweat the details. You enjoy being the person on the team who manages the minutiae.
- You have strong writing skills.
- You know that feedback is invaluable and you seek it out. Even feedback on your writing is important to you, and you’re comfortable receiving it.
- You are known for bringing order to your team’s work. You are a systems thinker and are always thinking about ways to get the work done faster and with fewer errors.
- You like being busy and having a long and interesting To Do list. You like to crank out work.
- You don’t mind when the plan changes, especially if the plan changes for the better.
- You care about diversity and equity, and it shows in your work. You yourself contribute an important aspect of diversity to your work team.
- You love technology. You are an early adopter of the newest tech.
- You prefer a team environment at work, rather than working alone. You don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and pitch in, even when it’s not your job.
What You’ll Do
- In partnership with the Vice President and Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, develop the college’s admission marketing and communication strategy.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the college’s Public Affairs department, where creative and compelling marketing materials are developed.
- Manage the admission office’s marketing and communication calendar, including managing timelines for development and distribution of print materials, direct mail, email, websites, social media, partnerships, events, and conferences.
- Partner with copy editors and designers in Public Affairs to ensure that Reed’s admission content is fresh, timely, and on message.
- Partner with the Admission Operation Team to ensure that communication with prospective students about their applications is timely and accurate.
- Work closely with the Admission Data Analyst to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Closely manage the work of 8+ vendors who provide market research and several vendors who provide print materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of experience in a marketing or communications role.
- Three years of experience in a project management role.
- Experience closely managing vendor relationships is a strong plus.
- Experience using a CRM is a strong plus.
- Experience managing a multichannel marketing strategy is a plus.
- Experience working in higher education is a plus.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.