On-Call Certified Medical Assistant
Health and Counseling
Share this job
Reed College is seeking an on-call Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to provide direct and indirect student-centered care and services to the students attending Reed College. The CMA provides the clinical expertise to ensure that all students receive high quality, inclusive, and safe care. The CMA exhibits initiative, a strong work ethic, and displays team cohesiveness. In discharging these duties, the CMA at all times retains the interests of gender, culture, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, etc., at the very core of their work with students and other staff.
This is an on-call position for the academic school year September through May (with winter and spring break off). The typical schedule for this position is one scheduled day per week with additional on-call hours between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The pay for this position is $19.61/hour. This position is not eligible for Reed benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinating back office work of the clinic to assist and support providers with tasks and time management.
- Exam room set-up, including cleaning and stocking supplies in between visits. Perform student rooming (ie; vitals, medication and allergy verification) per HCC protocol.
- Update the student medical record as needed and documents per HCC protocol.
- Prepare students for examinations and performs/reviews routine screening tests, such as PHQ 2/9, vision screening, and other screenings as directed by the Medical Provider.
- Perform safe phlebotomy, collect and process specimens per HCC protocol. Perform safe Immunization ordered by Medical Provider. Administer in office medication as directed by Medical Provider. Perform administration of basic in office procedures: ECG, ear lavage, and other minor procedures required by a Medical Provider.
- Assist with exams and procedures as directed by the RN or Medical Provider.
- Front desk reception as needed, such as answering phones and scheduling appointments.
- Greet students, ensuring required paperwork has been completed.
Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant training program with current CMA Certification (AAMA, CCMA) and two years of experience as a Medical Assistant. Current BLS Certification. Experience with computers and electronic health records (EHR) and working with confidential records. Prior experience working with a CLIA-waived lab, cleaning instruments, and using an autoclave preferred.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume is required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.