On-Call Nurse Practitioner
Health and Counseling
Share this job
Reed College is seeking an on-call Nurse Practitioner (NP) to provide direct and indirect student-centered care and services to the students attending Reed College. This position requires direct student communication, critical thinking skills, and proactive problem-solving skills. The NP provides the clinical expertise to ensure that all students receive high quality, inclusive, and safe care. The NP has a commitment to having an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of college students; and fosters an inclusive environment for students and colleagues.
This is an on-call position for the academic school year September through May (with winter and spring break off). The typical schedule for this position is one day per week with additional on-call hours between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The pay for this position is $43.00/hour. This position is not eligible for Reed benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Performs independent clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment of primary healthy problems that includes obtaining a personal history, performing a physical exam, and initiating and interpreting laboratory results.
- Determines and prescribes as needed, appropriate medications, per standard procedures and the Nurse Practitioner Formulary.
- Education and consultation with students directed toward enhancing a healthy life style and reducing health-compromising behaviors.
- Performs assessments, provides clinical and educational consultation, and manages all aspects of the contraceptive regimen.
- Detects more serious disease processes, and assists in obtaining an appropriate level of care.
- Maintenance of accurate, thorough, and timely record keeping.
- Participation in case management and case review with nursing staff, medical consultant, and administrative director.
Current unencumbered license as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Oregon with prescriptive privileges. Applicants must be able to effectively engage with, and address health care needs in a manner that is respectful of and sensitive to student identities, whether similar or different from your own. Demonstrated experience performing independent clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment of primary health problems. Experience in primary care with adolescent and young adult patients is desired.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume is required. You can submit documents in any format, but pdf works best.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.