On-Call Registered Nurse
Health and Counseling
Share this job
Reed College is seeking an on-call Registered Nurse (RN) to provide direct and indirect student-centered care and services to the students attending Reed College. This position requires direct student communication, critical thinking skills, and proactive problem-solving skills. The RN provides the clinical expertise to ensure that all students receive high quality, inclusive, and safe care. The RN has a commitment to having an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of college students; and fosters an inclusive environment for students and colleagues.
This is an on-call position for the academic school year September through May (with winter and spring break off). The typical schedule for this position is one day per week with additional on-call hours between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The pay for this position is $35.00/hour. This position is not eligible for Reed benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Provides professional nursing care to students; assesses student health problems and under medical direction determines the best method of treatment; initiates treatment or refers to appropriate personnel or facility. Under medical direction, prepares, carries out, evaluates, and revises treatment plans for patients; responds to emergency situations
- Provides required preventative immunizations and/or tests; interprets findings to physician and/or patient.
- Provides appropriate nursing education which includes, but not limited to injection training for gender-affirming hormone therapy, STI testing, PrEP, reproductive health, and Immunizations. Provides health counseling or arranges for counseling to be provided to students in need of support.
- Assists medical providers during clinic hours; assists in conducting physical examinations and assessments; obtains information from students/patients to compile medical history.
- Works closely with the Health & Counseling Center Case Manager on high acuity cases. Arranges for referrals and communicates pertinent information to consulting medical providers, hospitals, clinics, or other agencies.
Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing as a Registered Nurse. Current Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) license as a Registered Nurse and 2 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Experience working with a CLIA-waived lab, cleaning instruments, and using an autoclave. Experience in College Health or Ambulatory Nursing preferred. Experience working with vulnerable populations preferred.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume is required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.