Print & Mail Services Clerk
Share this job
We seek a dynamic, hands-on Print & Mail Services Clerk to join Reed College. The Print & Mail Services position is part of our mail services and print services departments and has primary responsibility for shipping and receiving mail, operating copiers and assisting in the duplicating operation and equipment to meet the needs of the college. The Print & Mail Services Clerk leads the work of student employees in both mail and print services. This position reports to the Director of Auxiliary Services.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. A regular work week is 37.5 hours working Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm with occasional evening and weekend hours. The pay for this position is $20.00/hour. Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities.
Who You Are
- You have been commended at work for being friendly and for having excellent customer service
- You work hard, doing what is necessary for the department to run smoothly
- You can juggle multiple detailed tasks while maintaining high levels of customer service
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are a good listener
- Your written communication skills are strong
- You don’t mind working on tasks alone
- You bring an important aspect of diversity to our team
- You are organized and proactively maintain an orderly and clean work area
What You’ll Do
- Operate a variety of copiers; perform preventative maintenance tasks necessary to maintain equipment in peak operating condition; diagnose fault codes, perform repair procedures or manage calls for service.
- Work with equipment: binding, cutting, drilling, and collating to complete the production process.
- Order supplies and maintain inventory of various materials for the copiers and binding equipment.
- Process full service/variable data, First Class and Periodical bulk mailings using postal software, high speed inkjet printer, digital full color press, pallet jack and strapping machine.
- Receive and distribute mail and packages; picks up and delivers completed print jobs.
- Provide customer service at the counter and support customers’ use of walk-up machine.
- Prepare outgoing mail and package shipments including USPS permit mailings and UPS and Fedex shipments to both domestic and international recipients. Box and process all outgoing shipments.
- Enter shipping and information into computerized inventory and database management systems.
- Provide direction, guidance and monitor the work of student employees.
Any combination of experience and education, which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and abilities to perform the shipping, receiving, printing/copying duties of the position. Ability to lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs. Valid driver’s license preferred.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
Applications will be considered as they are submitted. Priority will be given to applications received by Monday, January 4, 2021. This position will remain open until filled.
Reed College’s goal is to reply to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Apply for this job
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.