Alumni Programs and Annual Fund
Share this job
Reed College seeks an organized and driven person to join the Alumni Programs & Annual Fund team as an Administrative Coordinator. The Administrative Coordinator provides various administrative and technical support to these two departments and is the first point of contact for our office, triaging walk-in, phone and email requests. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This is a full-time, non-exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. This is not a remote role. Starting pay for this position is $20/hour.
Who You Are
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator.
- You have an innate desire to help people. Being collaborative and responsive is effortless for you.
- People like working with you because you’re organized yet flexible. You can multitask and reprioritize your to-do list throughout the day without missing a beat.
- You are personally committed to equity and it shows in your work. You want to contribute to the team’s antiracist and inclusive workplace goals.
- You are able to understand the difference between sensitive and confidential information.
- You love technology and are are comfortable and adept at learning new systems
- You prefer a team environment at work. You don’t hesitate to pitch in and lend your problem solving skills to colleagues when a big project comes up.
- You have interest and aptitude for learning how to supervise student employees on the team.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Alumni Programs and Annual Fund office by greeting and directing walk-in visitors, managing public facing email inboxes, answering the main phone line and responding to hand written correspondence.
- Respond to requests, feedback and queries and use the CRM database to record outcomes.
- Provide administrative support for events, including maintaining accurate RSVP lists, creating name tags, data entry and reporting.
- Provide clerical support to the team, when needed.
- Ensure that the office space and supplies are well-maintained and organized.
- Supervise one or more student workers, providing work assignments and approving timesheets.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but PDF works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.