Admission Communications Coordinator
Share this job
Reed College seeks an organized and driven person to be our next Admission Communications Coordinator. The Admission Communications Coordinator is responsible for implementing a multi-channel marketing and communications strategy. The audience for these communications are prospective students, parents, and high school counselors. This role reports to the Associate Dean of Admission Communications.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. Starting salary for this position is $52,000 per year.
Who You Are
- You are a marketing or communications professional with two or more years of marketing or communications experience.
- You are an exceptional project manager with experience managing complex projects. You always have a plan, and you always meet your deadlines.
- You have experience with copywriting to a wide-variety of constituents and with a clean and concise writing style. Your communications are brief and clear.
- You know that marketing and communications is often a team sport and you don’t mind collaborating and receiving feedback from others. You take feedback well.
- You dig into the details. You know that the details can make or break a communication plan.
- You look to expand your role and grow your responsibilities. You know that taking on new challenges is an important part of professional development.
- You like being busy and having a long and interesting to-do list. You like to crank out work.
- You don’t mind when the plan changes, especially if the plan changes for the better.
- You are personally committed to equity and it shows in your work. You yourself contribute an important aspect of diversity to your work team.
- You prefer a team environment at work, rather than working alone. You don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and pitch in, even when it’s not your job.
- You demonstrate professionalism in communicating with colleagues, senior leadership, faculty, and external partners.
- You ideally have experience with running digital marketing campaigns including paid social media and SEM
What You’ll Do
- Lead the copywriting, coordination, and implementation of emails and text messages to prospective students and their families, and high school counselors
- Write copy for print collateral and administrative reports
- Help the admission visits and events team with promotions to increase participation
- Help manage and develop compelling content for the Office of Admission Instagram account and YouTube playlists.
- Help keep the Admission website updated
- Assist with strategy, social media, and multimedia projects
- Keep the annual communications plan up to date.
- Write and proofread in accordance with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Act as the primary marketing and communications contact for internal planning teams in assessing their promotional needs and coordinating campaign execution as appropriate
- Manage Reed College’s profile on sites that assist high school students in selecting colleges
- Work closely and in strong partnership with several collaborators across campus, to include Public Affairs, Orientation, and Residence Life
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.