Director, Annual Giving and Alumni Relations
Alumni Programs and Annual Fund
Share this job
Reed College seeks an experienced fundraising leader to be our next Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations. The role’s focus is on strategic direction and management of the college’s annual giving and alumni engagement activities. In addition, the Director provides leadership and direction to a team of four direct reports who are responsible for advancing the college’s fundraising and engagement volunteer efforts. This role reports to the Executive Director, Alumni Programs and Annual Fund.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive and cost-free medical and dental insurance for you, and a 60% discount on medical and dental insurance for your dependents, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. Some evening and weekend work during busy events as needed. This is not a remote role. Starting salary for this position is $80,000 per year.
Who You Are
- You are an experienced fundraiser who is comfortable making the ask to advance the mission of the college.
- You think strategically and have demonstrated success in developing strategic plans.
- You have experience managing volunteers. Proficiency in managing peer-to-peer solicitations is a bonus.
- You are an experienced and successful team leader.
- You are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and have advanced equity and inclusion through your lived experience and/or through your work.
- You enjoy managing a large portfolio of complex projects. Setting and managing priorities for yourself and your team is something with which you are very familiar.
- You understand that data informed decision making is key in setting strategic plans. You like working with data and learning new data technology is exciting to you.
- You have demonstrated success navigating complex relationships and successfully managing expectations.
- You understand the importance of building relationships with key stakeholders across an organization.
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator with excellent presentation skills and exceptional attention to detail.
What You’ll Do
- Develop fundraising strategies, set fundraising and engagement goals and write departmental strategic plans, in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Manage a team of fundraisers and volunteer managers.
- Direct all initiatives and programming for the alumni leadership groups that volunteer managers support—the Alumni Fundraising for Reed Steering Committee, the Alumni Board, and the Chapter Leadership Council.
- Lead Alumni Fundraising for Reed (AFR). Provide volunteer management and administrative support for the AFR Chairs and Steering Committee, while collaborating with chairs on strategic planning, annual goal setting, and recruiting new steering committee members.
- Direct and manage all Reunions fundraising efforts.
- Develop strategies and tactics to increase engagement and build meaningful connections between alumni and the college.
- Works closely with the database team to manage reporting and synthesizing of data to make well informed decisions regarding annual engagement goals and strategies.
- Manage a portfolio of alumni donors which includes cultivating relationships, soliciting for gifts and stewardship.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.