Faculty Administrative Coordinator
Dean of the Faculty Office
Share this job
Reed College seeks a highly organized and customer service oriented Faculty Administrative Coordinator. The Faculty Administrative Coordinator performs varied and complex administrative and technical duties to support college-wide policies, procedure and functions. This position supports the academic departments and divisional programs of Philosophy, Physics and Religion with limited supervision. This position reports to the Associate to the Dean of the Faculty.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with a 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This position is full-time, non-exempt, with work hours from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one-hour unpaid lunch. Work is on campus and the starting pay for this position is $22.00/hour.
Who You Are
- You take pride in your organizational skills and are able to prioritize tasks when you have competing demands (people, departments, etc.).
- You pay close attention to detail and have exceptional time management skills.
- You are comfortable working with new technologies and teaching others how to use them.
- You are able to identify areas of policy or systems that need improvement and you work with others to accomplish this.
- You are able to work with varying personalities including students, staff, faculty, and the public with empathy and efficiency.
- You have experience with event planning and budget management.
- You work well under pressure and have the ability to diffuse difficult situations.
- You pride yourself on maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- You have effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
What You Will Do
- Provide administrative support on a daily basis to faculty, students and other members of the Reed community. Respond to a wide variety of requests for information from internal and external entities.
- Assist with administering and tracking critical processes and procedures that support student academic progress and success.
- Help create and maintain a positive, supportive, and accessible climate for students, staff, and faculty.
- Respond to students in need or crisis, stay current with campus resources and refer students as needed.
- Coordinate the logistics of departmental/divisional events and assists in the execution of large events, such as conferences.
- Coordinate or assist in the preparation and execution of departmental budgets. Process disbursements, P-card reconciliation and approval, and other related accounting tasks.
- Hire and supervise student employees.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.