Temporary International Student Services Assistant
Share this job
Reed College seeks a temporary International Student Services (ISS) assistant to join our international student services office. This position plays an important role in the office’s efforts to support international student success. This position is an ideal opportunity for a graduate student, a new international education professional, or an international student with Practical Training work authorization. This role reports to the International Student Services Program Director.
This is a temporary, part-time role with a pay rate of $19.61/hour scheduled to work 20 hours per week for approximately six months, with potential for additional hours in some weeks. This position is located in the ISS office on the Reed College campus.
Who You Are
- You have been commended at work for being friendly and for having excellent customer service.
- You have some familiarity with US international student (F and/or J visa) regulations.
- You thrive in a work environment that embraces and demonstrates diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You have a wide range of interpersonal skills and are a good listener.
- You enjoy working and collaborating with students.
- You love planning events and are unflappable when there are inevitable last minute changes.
- You are highly organised and enjoy learning and utilizing new systems.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with the daily operations and management of the international student services office.
- Provide support to the programming of the ISS office, including the Host Family Program, InterConnect Peer Mentor Program, and International Orientation.
- Serve as adviser to the International Student Advisory Board (ISAB), supervise the ISAB Coordinator student worker, and oversee the activities of the board, including the planning of the International Festival.
- Coordinate and participate in programs for the international student population, including workshops, educational programs, cultural events, student leadership activities, and off-campus activities.
- Assist in the facilitation of office communications and correspondence, including social media, email, and weekly newsletters.
- Assist with data collection, management, and reporting.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.