Credentialed Medical Assistant
Health and Counseling
Share this job
Reed College seeks a compassionate and resourceful person to be our next Credentialed Medical Assistant. The Credentialed Medical Assistant provides direct medical care to the students attending Reed College. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the center of the Credentialed Medical Assistant's work and interactions. This position reports to the Medical Services Director.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. Pay for this position is $20.40 per hour.
Who You Are
- You are known for your compassion in your work. You enjoy working with patients and colleagues from a wide variety of backgrounds. You make others feel comfortable and welcome.
- You are passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion and it shows in your work.
- You have a strong work ethic. You always come to work on time because you know that your teammates are counting on you.
- You are skilled in medical communications and always working to improve your communication skills with patients.
- You are self-aware and understand your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, and privilege.
- You take the initiative to make things better. When a process isn’t working, you work with your supervisor to fix it.
- You are known for being a great team player.
- You know that in the medical profession, you’re going to have to deal with urgent situations and changing priorities. You don’t mind this. You’re flexible.
- You sweat the details. You know that much of the success of medical care is in the details. You know the importance of accurate entries in electronic medical records (EMR). You love figuring out how to use a new EMR, and new systems don’t scare you.
- You graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant training program and you have current Medical Assisting certification (AAMA or CCMA).
- You have current basic life support (BLS) certification.
- Ideally, you have three years’ experience working as a Medical Assistant, although we will consider those with less.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate the back office work of the clinic to assist and support the nurses and other providers.
- Set up exam rooms, including cleaning and stocking supplies in between visits
- Perform rooming, i.e. greet patients, take vitals, verify medications, and verify allergies..
- Update electronic health records
- Prepare patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests such as PHQ 2/9.
- Administer vaccinations and medications, as directed.
- Perform safe phlebotomy, collecting and processing specimens.
- Perform basic medical procedures, e.g. ECG, ear lavage, and other minor procedures as directed
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume is required, but a cover letter is not. You can submit your resume in any format, but pdf works best.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.