Network and Infrastructure Analyst
Technology Infrastructure Services
Share this job
Reed College is seeking a curious and devoted problem solver to be our next Network and Infrastructure Analyst. The Network and Infrastructure Analyst collaborates with other members of Technology Infrastructure Services to design, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade core services including but not limited to wired and wireless networking, VoIP and videoconferencing, network access control, server virtualization, as well as installing and maintaining physical devices across multiple campus buildings. Excellent diagnostic skills are essential for this job. You must be able to troubleshoot quickly by identifying the source of problems, whether hardware, software or network issues. You enjoy working directly with end users to help them achieve their goals.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This is a full-time, exempt position working 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, and may include some on-call evening and weekend hours. Community is essential to a Reed education, so staff perform their work on campus. This is not a remote role. The salary is $76,000 per year.
Who You are
- You enjoy a diversity of tasks in your work. You remain flexible and are able to change gears quickly while simultaneously prioritizing.
- You are customer service-oriented and you take time to explain terms in a way users can understand.
- You have experience triaging the root cause and severity of customer issues.
- You enjoy solving complex problems.
- You are a proactive person who enjoys working independently, but you also enjoy working in teams.
- You are comfortable working at the command line on multiple operating systems.
- You are familiar with network service protocols such as VoIP, HTTP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, and SMTP.
- You understand that excellent time management is essential in this role. You are able to manage your work and projects around the college’s schedule and functions.
- You give thoughtful feedback and are equally comfortable receiving it.
- You have strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing. You have experience communicating effectively with a wide variety of end-users and colleagues with diverse backgrounds.
What You’ll do
- Deploy, maintain, and support Zoom Cloud VoIP/conferencing system and desk phones.
- Maintain, diagnose, and repair layer 1 technologies including but not limited to, rewiring ports, crimping cables, and replacing peripherals.
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot network equipment including wireless access points, switches, firewalls, UPSs, and a variety of network attached devices.
- Work closely with staff in other CIS departments to design, implement and troubleshoot new technologies.
- Provide technical support and guidance to users as well as co-workers.
This is not a desk job. You may be standing and/or walking for a substantial part of the day. You must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs, crawl, climb, and squat as needed to fit into small, high, and low spaces around campus to complete work in a variety of campus spaces and settings.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.