Print & Mail Services Clerk
Share this job
Reed College seeks a dynamic, hands-on person to be our next Print & Mail Services Clerk. The Print & Mail Services position is part of our mail services and print services departments and has primary responsibility for operating copiers and assisting in the duplicating operation and equipment to meet the needs of the college. The Print & Mail Services Clerk leads the work of student employees in both print and mail services. This position reports to the Director of Auxiliary Services.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. A regular work week is 37.5 hours working Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm with occasional evening and weekend hours. The pay for this position is $20.40/hour. Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities.
Who You Are
- You have been commended at work for being friendly and for having excellent customer service
- You work hard, doing what is necessary for the department to run smoothly
- You can juggle multiple detailed tasks while maintaining high levels of customer service
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are a good listener
- Your written communication skills are strong
- You don’t mind working on tasks alone
- You bring an important aspect of diversity to our team
- You are organized and proactively maintain an orderly and clean work area
- You have knowledge and ability to perform the shipping, receiving, printing/copying duties of the role.
- You are able to lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs.
What You’ll Do
- Operate a variety of copiers; perform preventative maintenance tasks necessary to maintain equipment in peak operating condition; diagnose fault codes, perform repair procedures or manage calls for service.
- Work with equipment: binding, cutting, drilling, and collating to complete the production process.
- Order supplies and maintain inventory of various materials for the copiers and binding equipment.
- Process full service/variable data, First Class and Periodical bulk mailings using postal software, high speed inkjet printer, digital full color press, pallet jack and strapping machine.
- Receive and distribute mail and packages; picks up and delivers completed print jobs.
- Provide customer service at the counter and support customers’ use of walk-up machine.
- Prepare outgoing mail and package shipments including USPS permit mailings and UPS and Fedex shipments to both domestic and international recipients. Box and process all outgoing shipments.
- Enter shipping and information into computerized inventory and database management systems.
- Provide direction, guidance and monitor the work of student employees.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted. This position will remain open until filled.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.