Alumni Programs and Annual Fund
Share this job
Reed College is looking for a temporary VReunions Assistant to help plan a virtual version of our annual get-together this June. The Reunions Assistant plays a large part in the success of the program as they provide critical organizational and technical support for a variety of Reunions projects and events, and work with people of all ages to organize and prioritize many tasks. Virtual events may include: alumni college, Reedie talent show, cooking class demonstrations, quinquennial class gatherings, poetry slams, trivia, and gaming sessions.
This is a part-time, temporary non-exempt (hourly) position that reports to the Associate Director of Engagement with a pay rate of $18.00/hour. The approximate start date for this position is April 5, 2021; the approximate end date is July 2, 2021. Hours per week will vary from 10-29, depending on the week and will include some weekends and evenings. This position will primarily work remotely but you must reside in Oregon and be able to come to campus as needed.
Who You Are
- You care about details. You’re the person who has a backup system to make sure that you don’t miss important components.
- You have a zeal for planning virtual events and are unflappable when there are inevitable last minute changes.
- You have been commended at work for being friendly and for having excellent customer service.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are a good listener.
- You are dependable and willing to work hard, doing what is necessary for the department to run smoothly.
- You are technologically savvy—you have experience adopting new systems and can use Zoom, online calendar, Google docs, and Excel spreadsheets to keep organized.
- You enjoy collaborating on teams.
- You are known to be open-minded and prefer working in a diverse environment where you can support students and colleagues from all backgrounds.
- You remain calm amidst chaos, maintaining a sense of humor.
- Draft promotional copy for print, email, text and social media campaigns.
- Create Zoom meetings for Reunions and Alumni College events; provide technical support during virtual events.
- Research and manage the adoption of new technology for virtual programming.
- Prepare registration reports for data entry and analysis.
- Provide timely and friendly event support to alumni volunteers and staff.
- Communicate with alumni, answering a variety of daily correspondence.
- A home office with reliable fast internet is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience planning virtual events.
- Experience with Zoom technology and Mac computers.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Please describe a problem you have solved and explain how you solved it.
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. We welcome applications from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons who have served in the military and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community.