Admission Marketing Manager/Associate Dean of Admission Communications
Share this job
The Admission Marketing Manager/Associate Dean of Admission Communications participates in the collaborative development of admission marketing materials and has primary responsibility for their distribution. The Admission Marketing Manager/Associate Dean of Admission Communications manages a multichannel marketing plan with the primary goal of enhancing the size and quality of the college’s applicant pool in a manner that supports the reputation of the college. This role reports to the Vice President and Dean of Admission and Financial Aid.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive and cost-free medical and dental insurance for you, and a 60% discount on medical and dental insurance for your dependents, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. Salary for this position is $71,000 per year.
Who You Are
- You are able to manage projects with multiple competing priorities and demands.
- You always have a plan to meet your goals and deadlines.
- You thrive when you are able to collaborate with others. People like working with you because you’re organized and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Your time management skills allow you to stay on top of and ahead of your work.
- You have strong writing skills and understand how to tailor your messaging for diverse audiences.
- You are able to synthesize information from multiple sources in order to make informed decisions.
- You are known for bringing order to your team’s work. You are a systems thinker and are always thinking about ways to get the work done more efficiently and effectively.
- You excel at engaging people and building a coalition of support and buy-in.
- You are open and receptive to change, even if the change is outside of your control.
- You are self-aware. You understand your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege, and stereotypes.
- You are flexible when you need to change or redirect a plan based on current department priorities.
- You have a growth mindset. In addition to bringing your experience to bear, you’re also eager to learn and apply new information.
What You’ll Do
- In partnership with the Vice President and Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, implement and develop the college’s admission marketing and communication strategy.
- Serve as a member of the admission and financial aid leadership team.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the college’s Public Affairs department, where creative and compelling marketing materials are developed.
- Manage the admission office’s marketing and communication calendar, including managing timelines for development and distribution of print materials, academic brochures, direct mail, email, video, websites, social media, partnerships, events, and conferences.
- Support the creation of financial aid communications.
- Lead the admission marketing team, including the Assistant Dean of Admission Communications, admission counselors with specific communication responsibilities, and student workers dedicated to marketing efforts.
- Partner with copy editors and designers in Public Affairs to ensure that Reed’s admission content is fresh, timely, and on message.
- Partner with the Admission Operations Team to ensure that communication with prospective students about events, campus news, and their applications is timely and accurate.
- Partner with the campus community to support communications around summer melt and students’ transition to campus.
- Work closely with the Admission Data Analyst to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Provide writing and support for internal institutional documents, like updates for board of trustees and annual reports for the campus and executive officers.
- Manage special projects that require investigation and successful implementation.
- Provide management support of print, mailing, and vendor budgets.
- Create and evaluate admission messaging for admission and financial aid counselors.
- Closely manage the work of 8+ vendors who provide market research and support services and several vendors who provide print materials.
Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of progressively responsible experience preferably in the marketing and communications field; or any combination of experience and education which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the work.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter, please provide an answer to the following question:
If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.