Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and Volunteer Engagement
Share this job
Reed is looking to fill two Assistant Director positions on our Alumni Relations and Volunteer Engagement team. The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and Volunteer Engagement’s primary responsibility is cultivating, recruiting, supporting, and stewarding volunteers participating in alumni engagement and fundraising activities.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive and cost-free medical and dental insurance for you, and a 60% discount on medical and dental insurance for your dependents, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. Salary for this position is $51k-$55k per year.
Who You Are
- You enjoy talking with people and have experience building and managing relationships through a variety of methods, such as in person, on the phone, email, etc.
- You are a highly organized individual with strong attention to detail.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to advancing equity and inclusion in the workplace.
- You have experience managing projects and/or events.
- You are an effective verbal and written communicator. Comfortable managing conflict and having challenging communications.
- You’re comfortable setting and meeting quantifiable goals and know how to create, improve and execute processes to achieve those goals.
- You don’t mind when the plan changes, especially if the plan changes for the better.
- You enjoy learning new software and have a strong aptitude for technology, including CRM databases and Excel.
- You have experience making data-informed decisions.
- You are comfortable working independently; you set priorities to meet your deadlines.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and support recruitment, planning, fundraising, communication, and engagement activities for a cohort of alumni. A cohort is defined as alumni who attended Reed College within a ten-year period of each other.
- Partner with colleagues to create and implement effective messaging and engagement opportunities to inspire and engage the volunteers each of you staff.
- Recruit and retain diverse volunteer groups, with a target goal of ensuring the percentage of alumni from historically underrepresented groups is reflective of the diversity present in the alumni community.
- Manage and serve as the primary support for one or more multigenerational volunteer groups in addition to the specific group of classes you support.
- Staff Advancement-wide engagement opportunities.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.