Share this job
The Division of Student Life’s Student and Campus Life cluster is looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of Reed College and who demonstrate an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. We support academic belonging, diversity and respect for human dignity, and student success. We embody the values of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in programming, practice and culture as we work collaboratively to become an Anti-Racist organization.
The Office for Student Engagement provides experiences and programs that build community and connection, facilitate transition and belonging, complement the academic program, and nurture students' self-discovery and holistic development. We offer a wide range of resources, information, and opportunities for involvement outside of the classroom including: programs to ease the transition to Reed; support and advising for student clubs and organizations; resources for student event planning; enrichment and educational events on and off campus; and oversight of student spaces.
The Operations Coordinator in the Office for Student Engagement reports directly to the Director of Student Engagement. This position develops, implements, and maintains the operational processes and administrative infrastructure for the office, as well as in support of student clubs and leaders, and programs and events. Salary for this position is $42,800 per year.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive and cost-free medical and dental insurance for you, and a 60% discount on medical and dental insurance for your dependents, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities.
This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. This position has a generally predictable work schedule based upon programming events and schedules, which may include some evening and weekend hours.
Reed College employment opportunities are in person and on campus. Therefore we do not offer remote positions.
Who you are
- You are detail oriented and consistently double check your work for accuracy, quality, and completion.
- You have exceptional follow through on projects, tasks, and communications with others.
- You are self-motivated, resourceful, and take initiative in asking questions and getting things started.
- You are able to plan, organize, problem-solve, adapt to changing circumstances, and meet deadlines in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- You enjoy working on a team and also independently, and you are effective in both types of environments.
- You are committed to the development of students and have an interest in supporting student activities, clubs, and events. Your passions lie in fostering the growth of the next generation of leaders. Your previous work has demonstrated your commitment to this calling.
- You have strong communication skills and are able to connect with the greater community. You enjoy collaborative relationships with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You are welcoming, positive, approachable, and service-oriented. You love providing great service to others.
- You are self aware and understand the concerns, pressures, and inequities that first-generation students and other marginalized communities face in higher education.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to advancing equity. You are comfortable working on teams with varying gender, racial, socio-economic, ability, sexual orientation, and cultural identities.
- You are an advocate. You focus on the advancement of available services and programs to underrepresented populations.
What you'll do
- Streamline and manage all administrative processes for the Office for Student Engagement.
- Facilitate the maintenance, upkeep and scheduling of student and staff work spaces in the Student Center.
- Respond to telephone, in-person and mail inquiries to Student Engagement, and explain policies, procedures and processes within scope of authority.
- Provide oversight to student spaces including administering space agreements, processing access requests, assisting with general upkeep, and supporting student space managers.
- Manage student event registration to ensure compliance, safety, and adherence to campus policies. Review student event registration, process event approvals, and advertise listings in collaboration with other departments.
- Maintain Student Engagement website and social media accounts for current and relevant content.
- Compile the weekly Events and Programs newsletter.
- Organize and implement Student Engagement Fairs each semester.
- Guide and support students as they plan activities and experience hands-on learning of skills like club leadership and management, event registration, advertising, problem solving and assessment.
- Advise select student organizations.
- Manage supplies inventory and equipment check-out.
- Provide operational, administrative, and program support for Student Engagement events, programs, and initiatives as needed.
- Provide operational, administrative, implementation, and program support to Orientation and new student move-in as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years of administrative experience and program management.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.