Share this job
The Administrative Coordinator provides general customer service and administrative support to the Advancement Communications and the Corporate, Foundation, and Government Support teams. This role reports to the Director of College Relations Operations and Information Systems.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive and cost-free medical and dental insurance for you, and a 60% discount on medical and dental insurance for your dependents, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities.
This is a full-time, non-exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. Occasional weekend or evening work may be required for event support. Pay for this position starts at $21/hour-$22.85/hour. This is not a remote position.
Who You Are
- You are helpful and responsive to needs of others
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to focus on detail-oriented work in a distracting environment
- You are comfortable using and learning new technology
- You are committed to advancing equity in the workplace
- You are able to multitask and reprioritize tasks appropriately
- You enjoy team environment and working collaboratively
- You are interested in supervising students
- You have demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- You understand that privacy is essential when handling sensitive and confidential information
What You’ll Do
- Act as the first point of contact for the Advancement Communications and the Corporate, Foundation, and Government Support offices.
- Assist in proofreading digital and print marketing materials.
- Perform accurate and timely data entry and reporting, including regularly updating our CRM.
- Prepare materials, including mailings, proposals, presentations and stewardship reports.
- Manage one or more student workers, providing work assignments and approving timesheets.
- Support collaboration among team members by coordinating and scheduling team meetings; managing department calendars; and administrating the team’s digital collaboration platforms
- Perform a variety of administrative duties that facilitate the day-to-day operations of the teams
- Provide backup support and cross-training for other administrative coordinators on the advancement team as needed.
- 1 or more years of customer service and/or administrative experience
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.