Gift Planning Administrator
Share this job
The Gift Planning Administrator supports the implementation of strategic plans related to Gift Planning by managing projects from start to completion. This position is the central point person for estate administration, real estate, and complex asset sales and other Gift Planning endeavors. This role is part of our Advancement team and reports to the Senior Director of Gift Planning.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive and cost-free medical and dental insurance for you, and a 60% discount on medical and dental insurance for your dependents, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch with occasional work outside of normal business hours. This is not a remote role. Salary for this position starts at $61k-$67k per year.
Who You Are
- You have 4 years of experience in real estate, tax or financial planning.
- You are highly organized and have a strong attention to detail.
- You are self-motivated to complete tasks effectively and efficiently .
- You have a demonstrated commitment to advancing equity. You are self-aware and comfortable working on teams with varying gender, racial, socio-economic, ability, sexual orientation, and cultural identities.
- You successfully manage projects through to completion.
- You are able to travel as needed by air or on land.
- Ability to successfully evaluate and contract service providers.
- You are an effective communicator across internal and external partners.
- You are someone that finds solutions to complex problems.
- When there are roadblocks you see opportunities and are not easily frustrated.
- You are comfortable working with data and generating reports.
What You’ll Do
- Manage estate administration and distributions from estate gifts
- Manage the life income program, including creating documentation, producing tax and income projections, handling annual tax reports and other relationship documentation
- Point of contact with partners and service vendors, including realtors, estate liquidators, appraisers, art sellers and storage vendors
- Manage Gift Planning data and record keeping using a variety of systems and tools, producing reports and analytics as needed
- Draft and manage gift agreements and memoranda of understanding
- Serve as the project manager for assigned Gift Planning projects
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.